Convergent is seeking Manager level candidates that are capable of leading small teams on complex projects across multiple client divisions. Candidates should have excellent communication and management skills, be prepared to monitor and discuss project quality, client and team satisfaction, and project success metrics during regularly scheduled and ad hoc project review meetings with the client. Candidates should have requisite experience in testing methodologies, test case evaluation, execution and planning.
POSTED: December 2015
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary
- Proven experience in manual and automation testing, with experience implementing automated testing tools such as HP’s and / or IBM’s tools suites
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices
- Ability to design, development, and implement software testing solutions
- Good project management skills and keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with ability to maintain a cooperative relationship with development and business team members
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to focus both on the big picture and finite details
CLIENT SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
- Providing leadership and formulating team strategy
- Oversee the application testing cycle to include integration, system, regression, load/performance, and acceptance testing.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover, document and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Provide reporting, metrics and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
- Communicate test estimates, test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Ensure that testing is complete and conducted for the right motivators
- Manage defect review board and change management meetings
- Planning and logistics
- Acquire the participation of appropriate resources
- Present management reporting
- Advocate the interests of test team
- Evaluate effectiveness of test effort
- BA or BS, computer science, or related technical field.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a QA / testing management role.
- Proven experience in building, leading and managing a team of QA / test engineers.
- AGILE and traditional models Q/A methodology experience both implementing and managing.
- AGILE Scrum methodology experience.
- Financial Services experience beneficial